Thursday, October 9, 2008

I little memory I call, "tightie whities"

It wasn't one of those moments you envision far in advance, like "Oh, I wonder what the Pyramids or the Leaning Tower will be like? I can't wait to see them!" It wasn't even close to that actually.

Just a few days ago we boarded our overnight train from Munich's Hauptbahnhof central station heading 9+ hours to Amsterdam, Netherlands. What a ride it had been so far and whoa there is so much still ahead of us. Now let's hope we can sleep in our 6-person 'cochette', bunk bed style.

Stacy and I found our 2 spots on the bottom of the 3-high bunks, opposite each other (so we could gaze into each other's eyes and stuff). We had arrived with the tiny room almost full and then our final guest walked in shortly after us, beer in hand, very happy and fun-loving - not drunk mind you. We exchanged recent stories with him and 2 younger travelers on the top bunks, about Oktoberfest and where have you been, where are you going? Mr. Final Guest was quite informative and gave us some off-the-beaten path tidbits for the Czech Republic. "Wow, that sounds interesting," I was saying as I leafed through the Lonely Planet book looking for the little town on a map. "Now how, do you ge--$%#^!" Uhhhhh...(photo link)

Uhhhhh...I thought to myself, but didn't say, 'Sir, I know we're in Germany and all, but can you take your weiner schnitzel OUT OF MY FACE!' The kind man was just very comfortable amongst us all I suppose and right there in the 24" that was the space in between Stacy and I, he stripped down to everyone's favorite butt huggers and grape smugglers, THE TIGHTIE WHITIE (his were grey I must admit). Stacy and I peeked around the package to smirk at each other and just laugh silently. Time for bed it seems? Ah, the traveler's paradise.

Hey, it was HIS room too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home