Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Get Out of My Kitchen!"

Yes, it's been 3 weeks since our last run-in so it must be time to get yelled at yet again by a holiday park owner. This morning we slept in at our picturesque campsite right on the beach in Rapahoe. I (Stacy) lazily made my way to the kitchen around 10:30am to make brunch. The food was on the table, coffee steaming in our cups and I was just washing up a pan when this man barges in and rages, "It's 11 o'clock, get out of my kitchen!" Startled, I turned to him and said, "The lady [I believe his wife] said we could stay another 10 minutes until the cleaning guy comes." There was a large sign on the wall that said "Kitchen Closed from 11am - 12pm for Cleaning." The lady had told me seconds before that the kitchen was closing at 11am, I asked if she wanted us to leave right then, she said no that I could finish up before the cleaning guy came. The guy literally yells a reply to me: "SHE'S NOT IN CHARGE! I AM IN CHARGE! HOW I AM I SUPPOSED TO CLEAN THE KITCHEN WHEN YOU ARE IN HERE!" Holy crap, I thought. Am I really getting yelled at for this? Does he just want me to leave my half dirty dishes in the sink? At that point, he stormed out and I decided I better finish up or I may never see my dishes again. Plus I may need this pan to bang on the back of his head. Andy was standing there the whole time and didn't open his mouth...I was so impressed! I wanted to just lay into the guy. I mean really, I was told it was ok to stay and finish up these dishes, it's like 11:03am, and he is screaming at me when it's not like there were 20 other things that could be done around me? Not to mention the cleaning guy wasn't even there yet. Alas...what is the deal with these holiday park owners? Talk about no social skills. This is the hospitality business for cryin' out loud! I just have to laugh though, and we did throughout breakfast (which was cold by then).

We are in Greymouth today handling logistics (I almost forgot what that was?) such as grocery shopping, getting the car re-registered, getting our flat tire fixed, etc. After all that gravel road driving, it's not a big surprise that we would have popped a tire! Luckily, our spare is actually full size so we were able to fix it up right away. Tomorrow we will continue south along the west coast. The weatherman keeps saying we're in for showers, but these 75 degree sunny days have been consistent (knock on wood).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home