Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thud, thud went the...

One Possum, two possum,
1 dead-for-sure little possum, 1 maybe gone possum.
The darkness had fallen and the road was a windin',
I think I can huffed the Mazda as we were sure climbin',
Andy banked left and then quickly to the right,
2nd gear, 3rd gear, Wow that turn was tight!
Stacy finished off the ice cream cone,
Another great day and now a nice drive home.
Oh no! Oh gosh! What's that up ahead?
I turned the wheel and think I made it past,
Only to hear Stacy say aloud, I think its probably dead.
We looked at each other and had to snicker,
It looked like a Fraggle but god I hope quicker!
We laughed and giggled at the event that took place,
Just in time to round the bend and see Mr. & Mrs. Possum staring us in the face!
These two were real, there was no doubt;
The grey of their coats and the snarl from their snout,
Only seconds to react, not much I could do,
Thud, thud went the Mazda as we screamed Yoohoo!
I know we got the one that was gazing in our view,
I hope his lady friend, the lucky one got away, fhew!
Unknowingly doing my part I guess, I suppose,
We sure smacked that grin from below that little guy's nose.

One Possum, two possum...
1 dead-for-sure little possum, 1 maybe gone possum.

1 Comments:

Blogger lefobserver said...

PLEASE
CAN YOU ENTER IN MY BLOG IN ORDER TO TAKE THE FLAG OF YOUR COUNTRY AND IT IS WRITTEN IN MY MAP OF VISITORS?
THANK YOU
lefobserver.blogspot.com

March 30, 2008 at 3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home