Saturday, February 23, 2008

Rainy Day...

It rained all day today! I woke up early, had breakfast, then went for a nice kayak in the pouring rain. The break is over 200 meters out so the water in front is nice and smooth despite the downpour. As soon as it got somewhat chilly I would row faster to keep warm and it worked. There is something quite refreshing about the warm sea splashing up against me as the cooler rainwater crashed down on top.

Gosh it poured today. So we spent much of the late morning having VERY strong coffee and reading our books in the lounge. I was assured it wasn't espresso to my great surprise. Andy then taught a couple of Germans how to play Rummy 500 and I made a couple necklaces out of coconut shells. It's actually quite simple, just a lot of sanding and I had tired thumbs t show for it. I don't know how some people did that all day. Of course there were others there as well so we told of our hometowns, where we have been, and where off to next. Seems a lot of folks are from England and I just love hearing their accents and what they "fancy."

I just got back from playing sand volleyball and Andy is still out there - I realize how much I have missed team sports! Yesterday, Andy played rugby and I can tell he is enjoying playing as much as I am. Sometimes I look up and marvel that I don't have a single damn thing I have to do. No to-do list, no errands, no car, no phone...it's really quite an experience and it's only just begun. Make sure to check out the photos from the past few days to the right and we'll catch you later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home